Saturday, September 12, 2015

Meanderings of the brain and no you can't get there from here





Guess I'm getting writer's block because I just can't think of much to write that I haven't beaten to death. 

The mass exodus from Syria Iraq and Afghanistan continues. It's expected that 1 million more people will flee before year's end. Little we can do about it as world governments poo poo about the issue. Funny how 60 years ago we were more than capable of dealing with things like this. Now it requires a blue ribbon panel to discuss the problem which will take months. And all the while not much more than another report of an air strike campaign. No mention of casualties unless it's some ISIS big whig or cache of militants.This has to be the most hidden war in all of world history. No mention of exactly how they're targeting those on the ground. For all we know some poor kid finds a cell phone calls his grandmother and the next thing you know he has a missile coming down his chimney.

Other thoughts randomly thinking. Our roads here are slowly crumbling. They just did a quick fix by putting tar in all the cracks. That might last until spring but it's no permanent fix. Some roads they used what's called chip seal. They cover the road with tar and spread small stones on top before it sets. All well and good for a short time fix with one drawback, tires kick the stones up until the roadway is compacted. All this cheap work when the state has some of the highest gas taxes. And don't get me started on mass transit around here. That's become a money pit. We're building what appears to be the biggest underground tunnel around. Only problem the machine broke down about a year ago and they just now getting it repaired. Adding tolls to the tunnel to boot when or if it gets finished. People are stupid they'll just take other routes to avoid the toll. Same as they did with a new floating bridge they're building. And slowly car pool lanes are no longer free. That'll make things better right? Should we be surprised? When the idiot republicans keep lowering taxes and the state has no money for things like schools or roads they expect somebody else to pay for it. And it's funny how when the state wanted to put a toll on a bridge to their area the uproar was tremendous. 

Seattle is in a state of "build it and they will come" mode. There's no less than 15 tower cranes slapping up office buildings, apartments and condos and I'm talking big ones. It seems to be a repeat of what you could see before the last bust. Investment organizations are buying up homes and condos not to sell but to rent and rents are going up. A "cheap" place in Seattle can go for $1600 a month and you're talking small one bedroom places. 


bank fails later none last week
No fails this week

11 comments:

The Blog Fodder said...

Saskatchewan puts tar on the cracks in the pavement on at least the major highways every spring after the ground thaws out. Keeps the rain out and reduces heaving the following winter. It isn't rocket science and does add several years of life to a pavement. Wish Ukraine could figure out how to mend potholes to last more than a month.

BBC said...

Sure is a lot of roads in Texas if you look at a map, and it doesn't show all the farm to market roads. Gas here is under 2 bucks a gallon, for now anyway.

Putri Adiratnaa said...



Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Pedro That Save My Family From Financial Bondage

Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Pedro, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day I shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Pedro. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to the help of Mr, Pedro for giving me a meaning to life when I had lost all hope. If you are currently seeking loan assistance, you can contact them via: { pedroloanss@gmail.com WhatsApp+1 863 231 0632 }

SixD Engineering Solutions Pvt Ltd said...

I am really happy with your blog because your article is very unique and powerful for new.
3D Scanning Reverse Engineering
Reverse Engineering Services

Amino Acids said...

Thanks for the post it was very informative. Britzone Amino acid supplementation may benefit you if your body is lacking in one or more of the essential amino acids. Buy Authentic Fitness & supplements.

SixD Engineering Solutions said...

Thanks for Sharing a Very Informative Post & I read Your Article & I must say that is a very helpful post for us.
Point cloud to 3D Model Reading
Scan to BIM in Epsom
3d Laser Scanning Services in Massachusetts
Plant Engineering Services in California

3D Laser Scanning Modelling
Plant Engineering Service

Studylivezone said...

Thanks a lot for giving us such a helpful information. You can also visit our website for imt project

Studylivezone said...

Thanks a lot for giving us such a helpful information. You can also visit our website for imt ghaziabad assignments solved

chandini said...

It is a nice blog
https://www.procoscare.com

Advanced Laser Hair Removal Treatment in Hyderabad
best Lip Blush Treatment in Hyderabad
Wrinkle Removal Treatment Services in Hyderabad

Ashish said...

Dell Service Center Malad
Dell Service Center Goregaon
Dell Service Center Jogeshwari
Dell Service Center Powai
Dell Service Center Andheri
Dell Service Center Borivali
Dell Service Center Wadala
Dell Service Center Santacruz

Studylivezone said...

I think everyone should read your blog who want to learn more about NMIMS ASSIGNMENT