Sunday, September 18, 2011

No pumpkins for you Linus


May not be many pumpkins this year when Irene blew through the Northeast flooding the pumpkin patches of New York state. So expect higher prices for the orange gourds this year as well as for pies at Thanksgiving. But with a crappy economy and Halloween stuff already on discount (hey got to push Christmas while people still have the bucks and a job ya know) it may be apple pie for both holidays. Poor Linus may have witnessed the Great Pumpkin washed out to sea with the rest of his dreams. And no pie for you. So I guess it's time to get ready for the Zombie Apocalypse when the far right come out to support their candidates. But more on that at a later post.

A quick bright spot - no banks failed this week.

4 comments:

BBC said...

Americans are very wasteful, I'm sure there will still be lots of wasted pumpkins sitting around after halloween. Gutted, fucked with, and left to rot. Won't affect local prices much here, the farmers here raise plenty of them.

Don't care what it costs, we're having pumpkin pie, it and turkey are the best things about this time of year.

BBC said...

There's still a turkey in the freezer I bought last year, I'd better get it out when I come back from the boondocks.

Tom Harper said...

A pumpkin that's been fucked with -- I'm getting an image here.

Randal Graves said...

I'm still celebrating Halloween, dammit, if I have to carve the head of a politician into a jack o' lantern.