Friday, November 29, 2013

Friday pussy - post thanksgiving edition (burp)

It's that time of year again when people stuff themselves then go comatose watching football on TV and lest we forget the sales at the store for stuff you probably don't need or want. Gave up on that years ago when things were about as tight economically speaking. Loads of useless stuff clogs the arteries of closet space. Is that a tie dyed leisure suit I see covered with dust hiding in there? Time to make a jaunt to the Goodwill.
Spend most of the day under the kitchen sink as the less than competent cook thought that potato skins would go down the disposal. They don't. And tearing apart the plumbing is no easy task especially with comments from the cook who knows nothing about plumbing.
So some holiday thoughts to ponder:


What to be thankful for this fine cold sunny day? About the only things left are that I still have a roof overhead some food and the utilities are still on. I never exactly planned on it being this way. I was so close to the finish line. Just three good years and I could have retired in relative comfort with a nice nest egg and a decent pension, but enough about me. I guess then we can all be thankful that we haven't survived a tornado or hurricane and seen our life's work blown away in an instant. Yes everybody says those are just things and you should be glad your life was spared but it doesn't address the reality of having to start over. That's an easy thing when you're young not so much when you're older. So maybe we can take solace in the fact that things are slowly moving in the right direction. It may not happen in the next year or two or even in our lifetime but we can all take satisfaction in knowing that we had a part in the process no matter how small. I'm a firm believer in Karma so do a kindness or two every day and if nothing else it will make you feel better as a person. Happy Thanksgiving folks.

bank fails later if there are any...
UPDATE: No fails this week 

3 comments:

BBC said...

I've had enough turkey for a while, think I'll have fish today. I have plenty to be thankful for also, my cave is fine with me, and my little income is more than I need.

I won't go shopping and I don't fucking watch football.

Things are okay, I expect more of the same next year. Take care buddy.

Snave said...

Had some turkey yesterday, have watched a little football, will watch some more this evening. Will probably do some shopping too at some point.

As far as giving thanks goes, I'm more of the secular humanist type. But I'm awfully glad I'm alive, and glad for family and friends... and I give thanks to them for helping make my life as enjoyable as it is. I hope everyone is having some time to relax and enjoy some of the more simple pleasures like friends, family and some good food.

billy pilgrim said...

3 football games is a little too much.

me and the king, bbc, are rich because our wants are few.

i wish there was some trinket i needed so i'd have a purpose in life today.