Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving


via jupiterimages

Thinking about what to be thankful for this year there isn't a whole lot. We've had many of our constitutional rights taken away. A president who thinks he's a king and has spent our economy to a looming depression, but in keeping with the season I'll forgo any more negative issues right now. I will say that I'm thankful for having a roof over head food on the table and clothes on my back. I don't have to worry about being blown up when going to market or a band of government forces come to burn my village and run me off at least not yet. Looking at the holiday spreads, a thought comes to mind, the last good meal a prisoner has before the execution. Sure hope I'm wrong on that. I guess after 6 years I've become a pessimist. At any rate like a sailor on leave let us enjoy the moment while it lasts. To all... peace...

No comments: