Friday, May 11, 2007

Just when I thought it was safe to hit the supermarket


I am slowly becoming leary of going to the supermarket. Not that they that sell the food have anything to do with the safety of what we buy, unless you get some ignorant or unscrupulous butcher or produce manager. I do check where food items are packaged or processed. Anything coming from China gets put back on the shelf or the refer display. Sorry but I just have no trust after considering the current melamine situation. And now we have a rather large case of Ecoli in ground beef. Now there's the question of the safety of chicken, pork, fish and beef. So obviously I'm now wondering about turkey. We'll see as time passes. Federal legislators just passed a bill to increase funding for food safety so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt to see if anything gets done but I'l not holding my breath. As I said we'll see.

No comments: