Friday, September 14, 2012
Friday beaver don't beam me up just yet Scotty
Interesting things the future holds. And with the net one finds some unexpected things while looking for one thing. How did I get here. Thought I turned right at Alpha Centauri. Some of the soon to be things coming to a store near you in the near future.
1. Nano computing. Rather than old copper wiring in the desk top or lap top carbon fiber lines will carry light waves creating the on and off binary code. Benefits are twofold. First it speeds up the process multiple times and second it makes for an entirely secure system. Any attempt to hack the system results in a breakdown of the message sent and no copying either or so I'm told.
2. Spray on photo voltaics. Forget having to mount some heavy glass panels to the roof. A simple paint job will do the trick. The system can also be used to make transparent windows that collect energy. And all of this accomplished without an expensive manufacturing process to boot.
3. Grow your own organs. Replacement organs grown from your own cells that can be used for transplant and eliminate rejection. They have now grown a hamster bladder in some of the beginning trials.
And at some point beyond that a medication or treatment that will permit the body to regrow it's own damaged parts.
4. CO2 recapture and reuse. Rather than look at carbon dioxide as some type of curse that's killing the planet capture it to make fuels. Bio fuels are being worked on and used for jet fuel in tests. The entire idea is to make the global warming gas part of a closed loop.
5. Autonomous warfare. Our military is spending a bunch of money trying to remove living souls from combat dangers. We've seen the drones of late attacking position a world away but that's only the start. They now have a vehicle called the Black Knight with its' 30 mm front turret gun and machine guns. All capable of being operated from a safe command center. Nothing like finding more efficient means to kill ourselves.
These are just a few of the goodies that can be expected in the near future. And when you stop to think about it technology is starting to leap frog over itself. We can barely get used to one development when that becomes yesterday's news.
Bank fails later
Parking lot index at: 8
UPDATE: One bank failed this week in MO.