Friday, October 22, 2010

Angry pussy


I'm Baaack!

The friday pussy is back in the driver's seat at least until spring when the beavers will make their return.

The electric company maintenance went very well. I was able to watch as they replaced some aging connections on the nearest pole. They did however do something puzzling. In order to extend the life of some of the cables they shot this silicon goop into the cable bundles. I thought that kind of odd. They said that by doing this they could extend the life of the cable by 20 years. That may be great but what about the rest of the components which are already over 30 years old? I think about such details. I'll leave you to make up your own jokes about cable augmentation.

And now the angry part. I'm getting 3 to 5 calls a night from pollsters wanting my opinion. Once or twice would have been fine but 5 times in one night is pushing my angry. On the last call I told them to screw off I'm not taking anymore polls. And many of the questions in these polls are just stupid or loaded. In one poll I was asked and I kid you not "When Barrack Obama comes to take your guns away..." at which point I slammed the phone on him.
So let me have your help on this. I'm sure there are some wonderful and creative ways to turn this into a fun experience and turn the tables on these clowns. They are after all just wasting their donors money in an attempt to justify a campaign expense. Would you really change your position because some clown called you in the middle of dinner to ask a bunch of loaded questions? I thought not. And now we're down to little more than mud slinging the opponent which would be amusing if it would only last as long as a Three Stooges pie fight.

DADT - As much as everybody would love to have an executive order signed eliminating this, the military is not prepared to deal with everything that comes with the territory. We're not talking about one or two office workers who everyone knows is gay. This involves people living 24/7 in close quarters. I don't think the military has a code of conduct to deal with all the foreseeable problems that could arise. And let me tell you they deal with a lot of situations that never make the news with the current system. Sorry but I'd hate to be a drill sergeant when this takes effect.

We can give $60 billion to the Saudis and another $2 billion to the Pakistanis while people are going homeless and without healthcare here in the U.S. Maybe we should just completely privatize our military. When Exxon calls up wanting protection for their oil fields we send them a bill with a mark up. And when companies ship jobs over seas I think the rest of the company should go with them. Bang you're no longer an American company. I'm sure a CEO would just love to live in a foreign city with streets lined with sweatshops.

I could go on but I'm just not that riled up today.

Bank fails later
Late UPDATE seven banks hit the skids mostly in the south. FL GA MO IL KS.

8 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

Re the polls - it depends on how much time you want to spend having fun. If someone called and said Obama's taking my guns, I might spend 5 minutes ranting on the phone, thus wasting their time. But then again, it'd be wasting YOUR time.

Re: DADT - you're right. But I think Obama gives a mixed message - make an It Gets Better video and have his administration legally defend the status quo. Guess I DO want Harry Truman saying racial segregation in the military is just plain wrong, and that civilians run the military, not the other way around.

jmsjoin said...

It stinks, we are all riled up and as you know, for good reason! Glad it went well with the cable but you really have to wonder about theirs and all so called reasoning.

Wish I could help you with the polls but I am not nice and they usually P me off and I swear and hang up after a while.

The political commercials here are dirty, lies, incessant, and drive you shit house.

Tom Harper said...

Well, what ARE you going to do when Barack Hussein Obama takes your guns away? Or when he raises your taxes again? Or when his death panel comes to your house to take you away?

MRMacrum said...

When asked a question about guns, religion or abortion, I always defer to the poll taker. I ask them what I should say. This usually creates at the least some silence. And if nothing else forces them to explain why they cannot tell me what to say.

PoliShifter said...

Are they calling your land line?

BBC said...

By now in this country you would think that all wiring would be underground and out of site, and away from falling trees and buildings.

But there may be a downside to underground wiring also, I don't know.

I don't get many calls for polls but when I do I just flip my cell phone shut, not a go to hell or kiss my ass or anything, *flip*

If someone called and said Obama's taking my guns,

I'd say from my cold dead fingers.

I'll be darn, cats love boiled coon, I wonder if they would like roasted coon.

Maybe dogs like them also, it may be a dog eat coon world and in hard times that's a good thing if you want to keep your dog, or cats.

S.W. Anderson said...

What you're referring to is called push polling. Push polls don't want your opinion. The idea is to plant notions, such as that Obama will send people around to take your 155mm howitzer away. And maybe before the gun confiscators come, your teenage daughter will be carted off to Planned Parenthood where she will be treated to three kinds of birth control, unless she's pregnant. If that's the case, she'll be given an abortion, all without your knowledge or consent.

"I'm sure there are some wonderful and creative ways to turn this into a fun experience and turn the tables on these clowns."

Maybe, but what you'll probably do is add to the misery of some person who needs the job but would rather be doing a hundred other things for the pittance he or she is earning.

Jim Marquis said...

You said "drill sargeant"..heh, heh.