Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A new start

I've decided to take my political writing in a different direction. After looking at all the National Enquirer headlines of political scandals in the news of late I thinks it's time to get down to the important stuff like actually fixing the nations problems from the damage of the last eight years. I won't bother to list the republican solutions because they had their time and blew it. It's now time to put the adults back in charge and actually do something. So at one bite at a time I'm going to put up the Plan FOR America and not the Contract against America. So if you don't like it. Too bad go somewhere else and read about your Yukon Barbie.

The Plan for America

The Problem

Wages are Stagnant as Prices Rise: While wages remain flat, the costs of basic necessities are increasing. The cost of in-state college tuition has grown 35 percent over the past five years. Health care costs have risen four times faster than wages over the past six years. And the personal savings rate is now the lowest it's been since the Great Depression.
Tax Cuts for Wealthy Instead of Middle Class: The Bush tax cuts give those who earn over $1 million dollars a tax cut nearly 160 times greater than that received by middle-income Americans. At the same time, this administration has refused to tackle health care, education and housing in a manner that benefits the middle class.
Barack Obama's Plan

Jumpstart the Economy
Enact a Windfall Profits Tax to Provide a $1,000 Emergency Energy Rebate to American Families:Barack Obama will enact a windfall profits tax on excessive oil company profits to give American families an immediate $1,000 emergency energy rebate to help families pay rising bills. This relief would be a down payment on Obama's long-term plan to provide middle-class families with at least $1,000 per year in permanent tax relief.
Provide $50 billion to Jumpstart the Economy and Prevent 1 Million Americans from Losing Their Jobs: This relief would include a $25 billion State Growth Fund to prevent state and local cuts in health, education, housing, and heating assistance or counterproductive increases in property taxes, tolls or fees. Obama’s relief plan will also include $25 billion in a Jobs and Growth Fund to prevent cutbacks in road and bridge maintenance and fund school re pair - all to save more than 1 million jobs in danger of being cut.
Provide Middle Class Americans Tax Relief
Obama will cut income taxes by $1,000 for working families to offset the payroll tax they pay.
Provide a Tax Cut for Working Families: Obama will restore fairness to the tax code and provide 150 million workers the tax relief they need. Obama will create a new "Making Work Pay" tax credit of up to $500 per person, or $1,000 per working family. The "Making Work Pay" tax credit will completely eliminate income taxes for 10 million Americans.
Eliminate Income Taxes for Seniors Making Less than $50,000: Barack Obama will eliminate all income taxation of seniors making less than $50,000 per year. This proposal will eliminate income taxes for 7 million seniors and provide these seniors with an average savings of $1,400 each year. Under the Obama plan, 27 million American seniors will also not need to file an income tax return.
Simplify Tax Filings for Middle Class Americans: Obama will dramatically simplify tax filings so that millions of Americans will be able to do their taxes in less than five minutes. Obama will ensure that the IRS uses the information it already gets from banks and employers to give taxpayers the option of pre-filled tax forms to verify, sign and return. Experts estimate that the Obama proposal will save Americans up to 200 million total hours of work and aggravation and up to $2 billion in tax preparer fees.

6 comments:

BBC said...

My plan for America is for me to become it's benevolent monarch because the current system is bullshit.

So, what office would you like to fill for me? I'm thinking something that makes you feel like you have some real power.

That allows you to toss bombs at stupid monkeys and greedy capitalists.

Yup, that office should fit you like a glove.

Politics, fuck'em. Welcome to the new Rome. Enjoy your stay, I'm going camping.

Demeur said...

I'm jealous Billy. I'd like to go camping but I'm still stuck in this monkey race.

Maybe we could make you the grand Oz. You couldn't be any worse.

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

I think the "Baracksters" grand scheme might have merit----once the Federal budget is broght into line ans shows a 125 billion dollar surplus each year. (thats what it would cost the first year, what with giving 1000 tax rebates to 75million families and then another 50 billion for them other federal giveaways he mentions. We won't need that senior plan, hell I'm a senion making less than 50K a year and I already don't have to pay any taxes (fed or state), nor do I need to file a tax form.

NucMEd is Hot said...

I love your plan. And frankly if the big oil companies aren't going to use these horrific profits to build more refineries to put out all of the petro they want to go driling in Alaska and the Gulf then I say that they can collectively fund the first year of Baraksters plan. I realize it will cut into their rather hefty paychecks, but frankly I couldn't care less.

Thank you for bringing out the crazy liberal in me. I used to be proud of the fact that I was a more conservative liberal, but I'm begining to think that I will allow my total psychosis to bleed into my political beliefs!

What are we going to do about the fact that Abramoff is getting his sentenced reduced for that little bit of corruption?

BBC-I want to be the Secratary of Fun. I'd be realy good at that! I'd use all the money that we are blowing in Iraq for realy big parties for everyone. At lest then my tax dollars would be at work for people that want it!

Demeur said...

Gary - Your just one fire, earth quake, medical emergency away from disaster. And you think your republicans would bail you out? Your on your own there pal.

Nucmed - You have my vote. Abramoff got off light because he's the gift that kept on giving. He ratted out so many of his friends and associates it's hard to count.
Secretary of fun. I like that. At least the money would stay in the country. Hey let's have the party at Billy's place. I know he wouldn't mind.

BBC said...

Good idea, we really do need a Secretary of Fun.

I'm all for that, after the Secretary of Food makes sure that no women and children are starving on this planet.

Any money left over can go towards fun. I hope this fun involves karaoke, or sex, ha, ha, ha.